Makes 4 personal size pizzas, 5PPV per pizza
2 cups fat free shredded mozzarella
2 cups raw shredded cauliflower (use a ricer, cheese grater or food processor for this)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup fresh basil, julienned
Toppings: (feel free to add whatever you want at this point!)
1 cup marinara sauce
1 zucchini, thinly sliced
1 yellow squash, thinly sliced
1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
Sliced deli ham (or whatever meat you want...or none if you don't want any!)
1 cup low fat ricotta cheese
1 tbsp fresh, chopped basil
fresh ground pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450F. Line two cookies sheets with either silpat mats or greased parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded cauliflower, eggs, mozzarella, basil and garlic. Mix it all up with your hands! Divide it into 4 equal parts and press it out onto the lined cookies sheets so that each one is nice and even. Mine were about an 8" circle.
- Bake the crusts for 12-15 minutes.
- While the crusts are baking, mix the ricotta, basil, and s&p together in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Remove the cookie sheet from the oven. Top with marinara sauce. Add sliced zucchini, squash, onion & ham. Drop dollops of the basil ricotta on top of the vegetables. Press the dollops so that they are a little bit flat.
- Put the topped pizzas back in the oven and bake for 5-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.