Roasted Curry Rubbed Chicken
1 whole chicken, 3-4 lbs.
2 tbsp sweet paprika
1 tbsp chili powder
8 tsp curry powder
4 tsp onion powder
1 tbsp kosher salt
2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1/2 tsp ground sage
1/4 tsp ground ginger
4 tsp olive oil
1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered
- Preheat your oven to 425F (Yes!!! Make it a hot!!!) Line a roasting pan with heavy duty foil. Set it aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together all of the dry ingredients. Take your chicken out of the fridge and dry it off with a paper towel.
- Rub the inside and outside of your chicken with the olive oil. This will help the rub stick so be sure to do this!
- Now take the rub and rub in ALL OVER the inside and outside of your chicken. Use ALL of the rub! Don't be afraid!!!! Use it all!!!!
- Stuff the onion into the chicken cavity and place your chicken in the roasting pan.
- Place in oven and roast for 75-85 minutes, turning at least once during the cooking process. Make sure your chicken is done. The internal temperature should be at least 165F.