Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Ah...Summer Salads!!!

I don't know about you, but I have been DYING from the heat lately! It has been blistering and today was no exception! Even as I type this at nearly 7:00pm it is 84F outside...ridiculous! To add to the fantastical sweat fest I'm having, I menu planned to roast a chicken tonight. Oh yes...I am a genius!!! So in my attempts to stay as cool as possible I whipped up a little summer salad with fruit fresh from the fridge to cool me off and help think of blissful winter days basking in the snow!!! Here's what I "cooked" up!


Watermelon, Orange and Feta Salad
Adapted from Everyday Food, Issue 84

1/4 of a small seedless watermelon, rind removed and flesh cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 large orange, pith and peel removed, divided into sections
1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
1/4 cup fresh parsley, roughly chopped
2-4 teaspoons olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

  1. On a platter or in a bowl combine first five ingredients and toss. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning.
  2. Cover and refrigerate until just before serving. Serves 4.
  3. Weight Watchers Points Plus Value: 2pts. per serving
Happy summer salads everyone!!!

1 comment:

Anne said...

I'm planning to make the Rachel Ray Fig, Prosciutto, Chicken and Hazelnut Salad tonight. That is, if I ever get out of the house again to buy the chicken breast!