Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Pot Roast Bonanza!

Holy Smokes!!!! I can hardly believe the amazing aroma wafting out of my crock pot! It comes with promises of juicy meat, layers of flavor and mouth watering fun!

I am trying out a new pot roast recipe. I usually use the Lazy Pot Roast recipe from The Complete Meat Cookbook but just didn't feel like babysitting something in the oven for three hours today. I hit the world wide web in search of something that sounded delicious and/or inspired my own cooking ideas. I found total inspiration! Here is the recipe for some delicious goodness with the help of one of my favorite kitchen appliances:

Erin's Mouthwatering Pot Roast

1- 3.5lb. chuck roast
1 medium onion, sliced thinly
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
1/4 c. Worcestershire sauce
1/2 c. soy sauce
4 c. water

Put the roast in your crock pot. Add onions, garlic & ginger. Pour liquids over the top (this should almost cover the meat). Cook on low for 10-12 hours or high for 5-6. Serve with mashed potatoes or shredded on rolls.

My roast will be served with a delicious Crispy Potato Roast from Martha Stewart Everyday Food issue 68 and a lovely green salad. Here's to rainy days and crock pot cooking!

No comments: